Good day to all from the beautiful climate of Dubai. Even though it’s scheduled to rain early Sunday,, it’s supposed to be a balmy 32 degrees Celcius which for me, I’ll take any day in March.
The field is stacked with potential, and the track should be fast and dry for race time.
1.OGREDRAMATIC CADET (5-1) CURLIN X STORM CAT X SEATTLE SLEW Well bred with generous genes. This geld will be running with the best of this field, at about 10F or so, but really think this horse won’t like the extra 3F here. 2. HIDE THE COOKIES (17-1) DUBAWI X KITTEN’S JOY X MONSUN Nice bred for turf boy is finding his groove in the dirt! 113 SP@ the distance and should put this colt in the game. These long odds taunt me and he seems to like the track, winning here before at 14F. 3. PATROCLUS (9-1) PIONEEROF THE NILE X KINGMAMBO x ALYDAR Well bred, and seems to race well in non graded stakes, but doesn’t seem to take to the graded races. This horse seems to be an enigma wrapped up in a riddle. This 1 leaves me wondering what he’ll show up with, and I’m sure the owner is scratching his head also. 4. SHERPA HIGHLANDS (11-1) CAMERON HIGHLANDS X DANEHILL DANCER X SWORD DANCE Follow the quartz vein and it will lead you to gold. This older boy seems to have found good footing with a trio of wins, and should be fairly close to the winner. Although he hasn’t performed wellnin other graded stakes, he should probably hit the board here 105 SP @ 16F Last out.
5. WELLS BANK (20-1) TEOFILO X KINGMAMBO X BLUSHING GROOM This son of Teofilo looks to try and hone in on what very well could be his suited distance. 16F looks a bit too far, and still running forwardly at 13F. This geld could explode all over the tote board Sunday. Will have to use him in Superfecta Key for a Big Payout.
6. BALALAIKAS (7-1) SPEIGHTSTOWN X TAPIT X KINGMAMBO This heavily bred 5YO will surely be a headliner and a contender showing he’s tough at 14F, maybe further, but he hits passing gear at 9F, last race out only losing ground to TACO A SPILLO . Another key player here, odds pretty accurate. No TACO here!
7. MY TRIBUTES (48-1) CONTRIBUTER X MAGICIAN X DEEP IMPACT This turf bred has found success on dirt, but not at 14F and never a graded race. Odds seem right. Looking over his past performances, I’d put him in for 9F allowance. He had 1 Non-graded stakes win, but was abnormally slow 2:18 over 11F, when most are going under 2:16. Winner of the next race beats him home!! 8. FINKE VOYAGEUR (8-1) SEA THE STARS X MONTJEU X KINGMAMBO This trainer is honing back to 14Ffor a magnificently bred horse, and completely fits the class well. Should return to the 110+ SP range this race. Definitely another key player here. 9. ESKY IMPACT (15-1) ESKENDEREYA X MASTERCRAFTSMAN X DEEP IMPACT Well bred boy. Don’t think he’s had enough consistantcy to say what distance he’d be suited for. I don’t see it being over 10F though.
10. MIRACULOUS DESIGN (9-1) TONALIST X MEDAGLIA D’ORO X GIANT’S CAUSEWAY This deeply bred boy is full of spunk, and showed some brilliant SPs at this distance, but on any given race could bounce anywhere from a 102-112 SP, and if his last 2 races are any indication, he’d be better off at 10.5F or 11F. Fills me with questions.
11 TACTICAL BOX (8-1) UNCLE MO X SCAT DADDY X SAINT BALLADO Son of Uncle MO is all over the board here and there, and even a G1 3rd over 9F. Another 1 I don’t think will get the distance. More like 16-1.
12. LET ME BE CADET (15-1) MCLEANS MUSIC X BERNARDINI X STORM CAT This nice breed is looking to pick up a minor check in here at best. He’s a step better than the rest, but a step behind the best. Off The Board in my view.
13. SICILIAN BOY (7-1) HONOR CODE X STREET CRY X DEPUTY MINISTER Very well bred front, back, and side boy should fit in very well here. Stepping back in distance seems to be the right move here, and shows in ratingto be hitting 14F at 2:58, which should hit top 3and another key for my superfecta picks. Sharp looker, fair odds.
14. CHROMECAST (10-1) CALIFORNIA CHROME X BROAD BRUSH X AFFIRMED This well bred boy is starting to get his footing for further distance, showing a 2:58 2nd place 112 SP over the distance. Should definitely get this lightly raced boy a piece here, and could even be an upset winner in a class field.
These views are done in my opinion of what I see, I do not favor nor neglect any trainer or horse I believe to have an honest shot . My views are mostly as a bettor’s view, but I am also a sim trainer, and my advice is only for those that want to take it. Thanks a lot to all that flip the dime to the paper boy for this 1, and hope everyone has a Great Dubai World Cup Weekend!! Thanks to our generous hosts for their hospitality while in Dubai!!! McAllister Out!!